In a move to increase storage capabilities, improve the flow and variety of food, and become wheelchair accessible, the Island Food Pantry has relocated from its longstanding home at the United Methodist Stone Church in Vineyard Haven to the Portuguese American Club (PA Club) in Oak Bluffs.
For more information for Pantry participants, click here.
To read our press release, click here.
We appreciate your donations!
The Island Food Pantry purchases some 4,000 pounds of groceries and produce each week, so basic healthy staples are always in stock. Nevertheless, the donated items that we collect from our Purple Boxes, community food drives, and Pantry drop-offs are greatly valued, too. We welcome non-perishable, unopened, and unexpired groceries and toiletries. See our Food Donation List (below right) for suggestions.
Ideas for different ways to help:
- Consider buying an extra item or two when you shop, then place your donations inside the Purple Box as you leave the grocery store.
- Talk to your co-workers and run a food drive at work. We’ll share helpful suggestions and promote your effort on our Facebook page.
- Talk to your school about running a food drive. We’re happy to speak with students, parents, and teachers about the Food Pantry and the work that we do.
- For your next celebration – birthday, anniversary, wedding – ask guests to bring a food item or two in lieu of a gift.
- If you own a seasonal food-related business, contact the Food Pantry about donating your remaining inventory when you close for the season.
Together with our many volunteers, partners, and supporters, we help sustain our neighbors in times of need by providing a dependable source of wholesome food.