If you or someone you know on Martha’s Vineyard needs the assistance of the Food Pantry, the following information will guide you.
- The Pantry is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 2 – 4pm from mid-October through mid-April at the Stone Church at the corner of Church and William Streets in Vineyard Haven.
- The Pantry is open Wednesdays 3-6pm from mid-April through mid-October.
- Emergency Food Assistance is always available. Call the Pantry 508-693-4764 (508-693-GROG) and you will be given a name and a number of a Pantry volunteer who will meet you at the Pantry.
- When the Pantry is open, three bags of food can be packed; one bag of basic foods, one bag of fresh fruits and vegetables and one bag of items chosen by the visitor from a table of miscellaneous items.
- Anyone can come to the Pantry for a first visit without any qualifiers. If someone comes for two or more visits, they must bring a letter of reference from a clergy person, social agency or employer on a letterhead indicating this person/family needs our assistance.
- Regular visits may be made once every two weeks and a $25 food certificate is available once a month in the winter season.